As a child grows up, they lose their first set of teeth, the baby teeth, and grow in the second set of permanent teeth. The permanent teeth are meant to last a person for the rest of their life. However, sometimes people can lose their permanent teeth. Since a person’s smile plays a major role in the way they perceive themselves, losing teeth can deal a heavy blow to a person’s self-esteem and confidence. Dental implant treatment is a solution to restore lost teeth and reclaim your complete smile.
A tooth is made up of several parts. All teeth, though different in shape and function, have the same anatomical parts:
- Clinical Crown- The crown that is exposed to the oral cavity
- Anatomic Crown- The part from the cementoenamel junction (CEJ) to the cusps
- Root- The part of the tooth that attaches to the underlying alveolar bone with fibres known as periodontal ligaments
Dental implants are rods that play the role of the root of the tooth. The implants are surgical fixtures that are placed into the jawbone and allowed to fuse with the bone for a few months. To the implant, the fake tooth, called the crown, is fixed. Dental implants have numerous advantages such as:
- Aesthetics. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth.
- Permanence and Durability. Dental implants fuse with the bone and become permanent. Implants are very durable and can last many years with proper care.
- Comfort and Convenience. Dental implants are more comfortable than removable dentures. They are more convenient than removable dentures, which require messy maintenance.
- Speech and Eating. Dental implants make it easier to speak and eat. Unlike removable dentures, dental implants are more comfortable to use.
- Improved Self-esteem and Oral Health. Dental implants can increase a person’s self-esteem. They are also easy to maintain, so they don’t detrimentally affect oral health.
There are mainly two types of dental implants. They are:
- Endosteal Implants. Endosteal implants refer to implants that are “in the bone”. They are the most commonly used type of implant. The implants are placed surgically into the jawbone. Each implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth.
- Subperiosteal Implants. Subperiosteal implants refer to implants that are “on the bone”. The implants rest on top of the jawbone under the gum tissue. Subperiosteal implants are used for patients who are unable to wear conventional dentures and for those who have minimal bone height.
A dental implant can solve the issue of lost teeth. Cosmetic dentistry, which deals with improving the appearance of teeth, has used dental implant treatment successfully for many years now. Access treatment from the premier dentists in Qatar with Premium Naseem. Our dental clinic in Doha is fully-equipped with state-of-the-art medical facilities to ensure that you receive the best care. Avail treatment from the best medical professionals in Doha with Premium Naseem. Our team of highly-qualified dentists provide you with the care that is comfortable and comprehensive. Head in for a consult today to get started on your new smile with Premium Naseem.